Pages

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Vanity Trip - 3D Short Animation


 Here is one of the two shorts I created for my final brief at university. it's about an egocentric jogger meets his untimely demise after paying too much attention to his reflection and not where he is going. I made everything in the animation apart from the character rig, which was created by Josh Burton. The rig can be downloaded for free here on his website.

Originally I wanted to created one long short for my final brief but the scope of idea didn't match up to amount of time I had to produce it. Instead I decided to make as many under a minute shorts as possible. I also wanted to make sure I focused on quality rather than quantity, as I want each one of these films to really help push the quality of my showreel up. Each animation would loosely based around one of the seven deadly sins, this particular animation being based on 'pride'.

The animation was created mainly using 'Maya' although I've combined 2D animation with 3D by using 'After Effects' in post production. I did all the other 2D animation within 'Flash'. Below is a video breakdown of what went into composting for one of the shots in the film.

 

No comments: