Pages

Thursday 23 May 2013

Gluttonpood - Animated short



 Gluttonpood is the second film out of my 'seven deadly sins' series and is about a young boy who decides he wants to eat some ice cream. Unfortunately his poodle has other plans. This particular short is based upon gluttony. At first I only planned on doing two of the seven sins for this series but I've decided it might be fun to do the complete seven now that I've finished university.

I did all of the character animation within Adobe Flash. I decided I wanted to do 2D frame by frame animation as it's something I haven't done for a while. I'm really glad I did because I really enjoyed doing it. I mostly animated on twos for this short as I was very pressed for time to finish on deadline. So it would be nice to do something a little bit more detailed in the near future. I also did some of the animation within After Effects. The sky, airplane and the airplane's jet streams were first drawn/painted in Photoshop and then were animated during the compositing process in After Effects. Once again I composed the music for the film. I didn't have much time to do the soundtrack so I kept the music very simple. I also did all the foley and voice acting.

This animation marks the end of my university degree. So my plan now is to do a new version of my showreel and to start looking for work in the industry. I may continue to make these these shorts as they are fairly quick to produce and it might be a fun way to spend my free time.     

No comments: