Pages

Tuesday 27 November 2012

3D Forest - Maya Model continued




 I've continued creating 3D backgrounds in Maya. I've been mainly focusing on the forest environment seen below.
I've made a lot of changes to the assets for the forest; the most obvious being the trees. I decided that I wasn't happy with the 3D trees that I had before; as I felt they didn't really match the rest of the environment. So instead I've created a variety of hand-drawn trees in Flash which I then imported into Maya. I've made the trees slightly 3D by putting them on curved planes. This means I can still move my camera without objects looking skewed.

I have also created an interior forest scene. I wanted this scene to be darker than the other scenes but still keep the same colour palette. I think I've pretty much achieved my goal. The scene maybe a little too dark but this is something I can continue to tweak as I go along. I still need to create a few more environments for this forest yet but I feel like I should be able to make them pretty quickly seeing as most of my assets have been created now.


No comments: