Pages

Saturday 30 June 2012

Cook With Dan - Animation




 Over the last two weeks I have been colaborating on an animated short called 'Cook With Dan'. Above is the final movie. The film is an adaptation from Dan Berry's comic and was directed and supervised by Dan Berry, Claire Fouquet and Christopher Mage.

  I worked alongside a set of very talented French and American animation students who were in the country as part of a animation workshop. A detailed blog of the workshop can be found here.
I worked mainly on animating puppets in After Effects, I also did a small amount colouring in Flash as well. The animation was heavily planned and had a very strict deadline. This was great practice for our mangenment skills, we had make sure we didn't take too long on certian shots as well make sure all of our files followed the same naming convention. This insured that no essenstial files would be lost when came to editing the final animation.

 It really fealt great to work on such a large project like this. It's refreshing to work with a team of people for a change. You get to see the a project come together so much faster than you would normally. There's deffianelty a huge sense of accomplishment seeing a group project like this finished with a consitant quality. I'm also really glad of the experiance with After Effects; as I have been meaning to learn the program for quite some time now. Overall I have met some great people over the last two weeks and I'm really proud to have work with them! 

No comments: